I was talking to Christian Werner about how to have undroidwish work well with
Naviserver, allowing Tcl scripts to run in undroidwish, and return their
results to a calling Naviserver page.  Why do this? Perhaps undroidwish loads
libraries that are not (easily) available under naviserver?

I think the best way is to have a naviserver module that implements a “worker
pool of processes”.  The module would launch X numbers of this external process
(say, undroidwish), controlled via STDOUT/STDIN, and dispatch requests free
members of the pool, returning the result to the caller.  This would be an
efficient way to have slow-loading Unix processes brought into Naviserver
efficiently.

For some reason, I imagined that this feature existed already, years ago, but I
can’t find a mention of it.  Certainly, there is a lot in Naviserver that
resembles this idea already.

-john