Recently I purchased Richard Scales' Prism IN-17 clock kit and assembled it.

http://www.nixology.uk/prism-18/

First, dealing with Richard was a pleasure. He gave a great amount of information on the outset prior to my order and asked followup questions to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into. Very nice, a service that I appreciated very much.

While I do have experience with SMD devices, the pitch of a few of the ICs was pretty small, so I opted to have him preinstall them for me. My usual method of flooding the pins and then using solderwick to clean up the excess may have worked, but why take the chance?

I also opted to purchase the case kit as well.

I've built a lot of clock kits over the years, and I found that the instructions were clear and concise. I had no troubles whatsoever in building the clock. It worked first try.

The case is very nice. The competed clock got the wife's seal of approval and now resides on the fireplace mantle.

I would recommend this kit to anyone.

Thank you Richard for the great little kit!

Allen

--
73 de Allen, W1SBY