I wouldn't use the HB-106 in a clock - no mercury so it will darken pretty
rapidly, like in maybe 6 months.

The other similarly shaped ones (e.g. 6844A) are junk in my opinion. Never
got one to reliably light up. Greg, I *did* put one in a microwave for
about a second - it definitely glowed then lol, but was still useless after
I got it out (though no worse than when it went in).