Dave,

I had a quick question. Can you please suggest me platform (OS) and tools
(IDE) used to develop and test feature/bugs?

I seem a bit confused at the moment considering a few options such as
Windows with Cygwin or MSVC and Linux (any flavor) with gcc.

What do you consider a good one for a beginner?

Thanks,
Vivek