If this is really so important

access the MIB variables from a socket program

or decrement the send and receive counts by 1 between acquiring and displaying
(you need a running count of course)

Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. April 2013 um 15:35 Uhr
Von: "Gustav Evertsson" <m...@guzzzt.com>
An: "Tim Cox" <timmiles...@gmx.ch>
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: Access the SNMP Counters without increasing them
Yes, the problem is that they are increased when read from the GUI. They should only be increased when read from SNMP. When the user opens the GUI it is not visible that the counters comes from the SNMP interface and it therefore looks strange to the user. I could inform them that the request goes over SNMP and is therefore included but I would rather access the counters in a way that does not affect them.

/Gustav