The output formatting options that I specify on the command line do not appear to override the options found in my ~/.snmp/snmp.conf file.  Assuming this is the expected behavior, is it really what's intended?  I would think that the command line options should have the last say.

The documentation describes both ways to specify output formatting options but doesn't really say which one takes precedence.  For example, snmp.conf file contains the following:

defVersion 1
defCommunity public
oidOutputFormat 1

I can override the version and community string on the command line using -v and -c.  But the oidOutputFormat is always used even if I specify -Of on the command line.  In contrast, if I remove oidOutputFormat from my snmp.conf file and specify both -Of and -Os on the command-line, the "last" option always takes precedence.  Shouldn't this also apply to options read from the snmp.conf file?