On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:22 AM, mark cooley <flawed...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGgBjZTsPaw
>
> "there's no such thing as a proportional response to terrorism."
>
> NY mayor and media mogul Mike Bloomberg talks about the killing ratio of 100
> to 1 Palestinians to Israeli deaths in this recent attack on Gaza.

If someone was trying to kill me, I don't think I'd prefer a duel to a
SWAT raid on them.

> hmmmm, i
> wonder if Bloomberg's recent trip to Israel

A member of my family visited Israel a couple of years ago. They've
not been targeted for protests recently.

> and outspoken support of Israeli
> terrorism

It is not terrorism. It may however be wrong.

> (which he calls defense)

It is defence. It may however also be wrong.

> has something to do with the call for
> work...

If, like me, you object to the suffering caused by Operation Cast Lead
then protest.

But.

Do it in a clear, unambiguous, effective way.

Do it in a way that doesn't denigrate it by just using it as a hook
for other issues like anti-capitalism and media critique.

Do it in a way that isn't a daisy-chain of old anti-semitic memes.

> No, couldn't be - must be because he's Jewish.

Given that he's not the only person to support Israel but that he's
the only one to be singled out because he's a Jewish New Yorker Media
Baron who's failed the loyalty test, I'd say there's a strong
possibility that it might just possibly be a factor.

Unless there's a cool new art project targeting Rupert Murdoch's
London holdings because of Fox News's support for Israel that I don't
know about?

- Rob.