yes turning off lights & appliances, & not overheating buildings, is
just as (maybe more?) important as reducing flights & driving. i don't
have the stats but i understand that even turning off things like
computers & stereos at the wall can make a difference.

h : )

Simon Biggs wrote:
> Then I am doubly a poor global citizen. I have computers coming out of
> my ears. I guess my only contribution to reducing my carbon footprint
> is that I don’t throw them away but either keep them to maintain
> backward compatability or give them to others more needy.
>
> On the other hand, at eca we are currently reformulating our long term
> institutional strategy. That will include placing ethical matters at
> its heart and, in particular, sustainability (in its broadest sense,
> but including energy efficiency, recycling, etc). We have very large
> energy hungry buildings with cavernous studios, where the lights are
> often left blazing all night and the heating is not very smart.
> Hopefully this can make a difference.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>

> Simon Biggs
> Research Professor
> edinburgh college of art
> s.bi...@eca.ac.uk
> www.eca.ac.uk
> www.eca.ac.uk/circle/
>
> si...@littlepig.org.uk
> www.littlepig.org.uk
> AIM/Skype: simonbiggsuk

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
he...@creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz