hi everyone,

a couple of months ago there was a wikipedia edit-a-thon here in munich
that was attended by myself, gretta louw, tamiko thiel & quite a lot of
others. it was a good event, altho somewhat frustrating - as many
wikipedia editing experiences are!! (i blogged about it here:
http://creative-catalyst.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/195-whats-wrong-with-wikipedia.html)

anyway the good news is that as a result, there are now 2 new wikipedia
articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Catlow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretta_Louw

& some editing was done on other pages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamiko_Thiel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Varley_Jamieson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Abrahams

(there was also a page created for Susanne Wiegner but it has been
deleted; we might have also worked on some other pages but i can't
remember now ...)

gretta's and my articles both still have tags saying "multiple issues",
despite having lots of quite reputable references. mine needs someone
who does not have a "close connection" to me (i don't know how wikipedia
defines "close") to add more secondary sources. gretta's article is an
orphan, meaning it needs links from other wikipedia pages to her
article. it also says it needs additional citations, it already has more
than plenty of male artists who don't have the same tags on their pages
so i think once it's no longer an orphan we should be able to get rid of
that.

so, if anyone out there has idle time on their hands & feels like
entering into the twisted labyrinth of wikipedia editing, i invite you
to contribute to improving these articles :)

h : )

--
helen varley jamieson
he...@creative-catalyst.com <mailto:he...@creative-catalyst.com>