From: Herbert Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:32:15 +1000

> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 06:34:38AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> > Therefore, when any SA is added, the assosciated policy is the
> > one for which we flush all matching DST entries.
>
> How do you find the associated policy aside from walking
> through the entire policy list and checking each template?

When you add an SA, you have to place it somewhere, don't you?
And that "where" (be it one policy template, or many) are
what you use to decide which policy for which to do the DST
flush.

Maybe I don't understand the hierarchy in which the SA's are
stored.

Anyways, I'm not going to listen to the "userland can fix this"
arguments any longer.  The kernel needs to implement consistency
here, even if arguably stupid things occur.