From: Patrick McHardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:50 PM
To: Simon Barber
Cc: David Kimdon; netdev@vger.kernel.org; John W. Linville; Jiri Benc
Subject: Re: [patch] d80211: use pfifo_qdisc_ops rather than
d80211-specific qdisc

Simon Barber wrote:
> Pfifo_fast does not make sense because the 802.11 qdisc already
> categorizes the frames based on DSCP. The better thing would be to
> extract the pfifo qdisc so that it does not require NET_SCHED, but
> this is more work.

It wouldn't really hurt though since all frames queued to a band already
have the same priority, so pfifo_fast behaves similar to fifo.

BTW, is there a specific reason for using DSCP? Normally Linux uses
rt_tos2priority and prio2band for determining a priority for IP packets.
I don't want to argue that one is better than the other, but there is
some value in keeping things consistent ..