Hi guys. I'm newbie with OSM. I want to download the .shp, .osm or .pbf from my
Country (Chile) to import in PostgreSQL/PostGIS. When I download the map from
any source I get only the information shapes. I want download also the base map
(the borders). Can be these downloaded? Where is the base map?
Actually is possible download from Internet the base map for free from some
sites and attach the information shape downloaded from OSM, but those base maps
aren't enough good. In the south corner a lot of islands don't appear, but in
the OSM site I can see that.
Any help or orientation  will be awesome.
That's all. Bye and sorry for my poor english.