Hello!

On Mon Mar 08 00:22:47 1999 MET Gerben Wierda wrote:

> When I try to get a list or newlist from my ISP, newsx fails, what can I do?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (subsh) 3) /usr/local/bin/newsx -d -d --list newslist.txt
> sun4nl news.nl.net
> newsx 1.3 Mon Mar  8 00:14:00 1999
> server: news.nl.net, spool: sun4nl
> reading /usr/local/lib/news/sys
> found entry for sun4nl in sys
> reading /usr/local/lib/news/active
> connecting to nntp server at news.nl.net
> OK, can post
> get full list to newslist.txt
> reading /usr/local/lib/news/active
> reading /usr/spool/news/comp/sys/next/advocacy/48371
> newsx: NNTP send negotiation error: got "215 Newsgroups in form "group high
> low flags"."

I think I had exactly the same problem when switching to Version 1.3,
since this Version (I think it was this one) newsx opens multiple
connections to your News-Server (that's what -W 10 is doing, rigth?) by
default, but the servers I connect to don't like that when you want to
fetch a newsgroup-list.

If I recall correctly adding a -W 0 to the command line solved the
problem for me.

HTH, Eike
--
Eike Bernhardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    ICQ#  11256658
           Homepage: http://privat.schlund.de/eike-bernhardt/