Paul or others - do you have the link to the xeno canto discussion?

Two years ago, we had some discussion here -
http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/msg00509.html
There is some good information in that thread.

Without reading the xeno canto thread, it seems that there is an inbetween
area of either overlap between the two species and/or a subspecies
(probably Gray-Cheeked) that has the internmediate call.

Lastly, if the estimates of the population sizes are roughly correct
(Bicknell's at 100k and Gray-Cheeked at 12 million), then when in doubt is
safest to assume Gray-Cheeked.

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NFC-L