From: bounce-116019028-10061...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-116019028-10061...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher T.
Tessaglia-Hymes
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:20 AM
To: NFC-L; Laura Gooch
Subject: Re: [nfc-l] Night Flight - Etna, NY: 5/27-5/28

Laura,

I kind of noticed the same. I'm thinking this may have been a low altitude
passage of migrants due to the lower cloud ceiling? We had several heavy
isolated rain storms pass through overnight and we woke to dense upper
elevation fog and moderate amounts of mist at mid-level elevations this morning.

Can't wait to go over my data with a fine-tooth comb, though...

Take care, all!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

On May 28, 2014, at 11:01 AM, Laura Gooch
<lgo...@alum.mit.edu<mailto:lgo...@alum.mit.edu>>
 wrote:

We were a little late turning on the microphone last night (about 22:00 EDT),
but there was a quite substantial movement of thrushes and warbler/sparrow
frequency calls going on here on the east side of Cleveland, too. I have not
had a chance to review the data, but there must have been a broad front of
activity last night. Interestingly, the radar images don't show all that much
movement here.

Laura Gooch
Cleveland Heights, OH

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:44 AM, Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes