Aaaaah, big missunderstanding here! I don't have a web project, I have
a WPF rich client.
I'm using the Session-per-screen concept (with my own UnitOfWork
implementation which handles the session), so:

1. Screen is opened.
2. New NHibernate session is opened (FlushMode = Never).
3. Data is loaded to domain objects.
4. Data is passed to ViewModel objects.
5. User modifies ViewModel objects (through WPF data binding).
6. ViewModel objects check if the data is valid and if yes, modify the
domain objects.
7. Screen wants to know if it should enable the save button, which
results in a session.IsDirty() call (after some layers of
abstraction).
8. User clicks save, which results in a session.Flush() call.
9. Session is closed.