Hello,

Back in August  of 2022, I identified a "problem"  with inc not handling
long lines (to the tune of megabytes  of characters all on a single line
which is clearly contrary to all standards and RFCs):

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2019-09/msg00007.html

I have tried contacting the sender, which is a big organization in which
finding an appropriate contact has  been difficult, if not impossible so
far. A couple  months later in November  of 2022, I produced  a patch to
address the issue and submitted it here:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2022-11/msg00000.html

A day later I also provided a patch against master:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2022-11/msg00007.html

There was  some interest  but I  believe it  got lost  in the  nmh 1.7.1
shuffle. After patching up my OS to  the latest, I found that it was now
running nmh 1.8, but  was missing the code and so  I tried applying that
patch locally  against my  system and  have been  running it  since then
(January of this year 2024) without issues.

Any interest in renewing a discussion about this?

Thanks,

Andy