Thanks, Tim . . . that is certainly easier to find. One further possible
improvement would be to add the Forum to the links on the left.

I very much agree with Mike over the usefulness of the Forum space with its
ability to present images and sound. How can any musical instrument-based
discussion really thrive these days without such a facility?

I don't see the Forum as in any way replacing the Dartmouth list, which remains
a good conversational medium. It also has the  advantage of simplicity and is
well suited for most of its content which is entirely ephemeral. Its
disadvantage is that it cannot preserve and organise anything that is worth
keeping. Its archive is useful up to a point, although searches are likely to
miss much of what is valuable. The problem is that topics evolve very far from
their original header.

One other disadvantage worth noting is that once a posting to Dartmouth has
been sent, it is there permanently. There is much lying around on those
electronic shelves which does nobody any credit.

At present the NPS Forum is greatly under-used, despite its usefulness. I think
it may take time before it is more widely adopted. What would help here is  a
_brief_  idiot-proof guide. As is well known you can't fully idiot-proof
anything because they keep inventing cleverer idiots. However, perhaps an
attempt could be made. Experienced forum users will assert that it's an
entirely simple matter - an RTFM issue really. I disagree.

Two suggestions for encouraging Forum use:

 - A simple guide, presented on Dartmouth, together with an evolving one on the
Forum itself. (Mike, did I see your hand go up?)
 - Announcement on Dartmouth of any new topic or significant addition to the
Forum which the provider thinks may be of general interest.

Francis