Cuddy Claw'd Her - OK, if a 'consensus' is reached by three people!!
   But there is little rationale for recommending Peacock's setting to
   players of Border pipes, as it is one of his tunes which are so
   obviously 'adapted' to smallpipes by the replacement of all the low F
   naturals - with high e, of all possibilities.

   It's not a tune I've gone for so far myself, but Dixon's setting is
   convincing, and one I've heard convincingly played by Pete Stewart and
   Dave Faulkner. The Clough setting is also worth serious consideration:
   it has the authority not only of the Cloughs but of the 'Charlton'
   book, presumably from one of John Armstrong of Carrick's mss, and also
   of the enigmatic Reavely ms., presumed to be roughly contemporary with
   Peacock. The very lightly 'unadapted' version is in the current edition
   of the 'little yellow book'.

   And yes I'm working on all the tunes but don't have a camera!!

   On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:30 AM, John Dally <[1]dir...@gmail.com>