It has been reported that when Jack Armstrong appeared on the radio, the producers encouraged (required?) him to provide Northumbrian titles for the tunes he used. Whether or not this is true, why not take existing tunes which you like to play and give them 'Harvest' titles.

I heard an interview with a young American singer/songwriter who accompanied herself on guitar. She was offered a well-paid gig to play 'cowboy' songs. A friend advised her to take the gig, play her own material, and call them cowboy songs. Of the audience he said "Hell, they ain't no ethnomusicologists.

Just a thought.

Barry

Richard York wrote:
Please may I thank all those of you who, both on and off-list, have sent such a wealth of ideas.

I knew this group was a helpful bunch of people, but have been really delighted by the quantity of great ideas, and the time you've taken to put them together. The service our friend is conducting could now be hours long, and that's just the music, never mind the other bits! There's a meeting this Tuesday of the people taking part, and I'll bring all the suggestions to it.

Thanks again,
Richard.