I believe it is that it can't map past share level.... not 100% sure though...

                                                        To:   "NT 2000 Discussions"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                        cc:   (bcc: Shaun
Gillissen/ANR/MS/PHILIPS)
                                                        Subject:    RE: Limit
character in Win98

               "Pham, Tuan"                             Classification:

               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

               Sent by:

               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

               .com

               05/30/2003 09:57 AM

               Please respond to "NT 2000

               Discussions"

That is exactly happened to me here.  So, it that the chars limitation or can map pass
the share level.