Hallo Holger, hi all

Holger Schöner schrieb:
> 1) Some of the formulas should be numbered, some not; and at the same time
> I would like to align several of them.
> For alignment I seem to be able to use \eqalign (or \startalign ...
> \stopalign from the t-amsl.tex sent around here lately). But if I place a
> \placeformula in front of this, the whole aligned block only gets one
> number; I would need a number for every line (or even better: a possibility
> to state, which lines should be numbered, and which not).

I use
\eqalignno{
  left & right & \formulanumber \cr
  left & right & \formulanumber \cr
}

or

\eqalignno{
  left & right & \formulanumber{a}    \cr
  left & right & \subformulanumber{b} \cr
}

If I have a longer formula which should only get one number, I use

\eqalignno{
  left & right1 &                  \cr
       & right2 & \formulanumber{} \cr
}

With warm regards also from Berlin,

Tobias

--
This above all: To thine own self be true / And it must follow as
the night the day / Thou canst not then be false to any man.