Hi Pattrick,

From: "Patrick Gundlach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hello Willi,
>
> > In the environment file there is a block defined as
\defineblock[Impressum]
> > and the block is immediately hidden with \hideblocks[Impressum]
>
> It looks as if you can only define blocks within
> \starttext...\stoptext. Do you load your environment inside or
> outside \starttext...\stoptext?

Ii do not know precisely. Ii have an environment file where the block
resides.
The environment file is loaded OUTSIDE the \starttext .. \stoptext.

In the meantime I tested this and found out, that the definition of the
block as well as the block itself must be placed within the \starttext ...
\stoptext.

> Please provide a minimal but complete example if you still have
> problems.

Thanks for your tips!

Willi