Me stupid! Willi, this message made my day. I've been using ConTeXt for more than a year now, but I was never able to figure out what setupitemize [.1.] .1. number each meant. So it's the level of itemization. Thanks, that should make things easier. And many thanks to Patrick and to you for pointing out the left= option. ConTeXt and the number of options it gives never cease to amaze me!

All best

Thomas

Of course Patrick's answer works. Another aproach is to use the
\setupitemize command. This gives you more control over the spacing
between the symbol and the text.

\setupitemize
[1] %level of itemization
[broad,atnmargin]
[margin=no,
 distance=5em,
 stopper=,
 left=Idea ,
 right=:]

\startitemize[a]
\item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
\item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Kind regards

Willi