On Monday 27 December 2004 14:29, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \starttext
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \framed[corner=round,background=color,backgroundcolor=red]{HELLO}
>
> \framed[corner=round,background=screen,backgroundscreen=.6]{HELLO}
>
> \setupfloat
>    [intermezzo]
>    [leftmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
>     rightmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
>     default=outer]
>
> \setupcaption[intermezzo][location=none]
>
> \defineframedtext
>    [myohmy]
>
> [width=7cm,bodyfont=small,corner=round,background=screen,backgroundscreen=.
>6]
>
> \showframe
> \input ward
> \placeintermezzo{}{\startmyohmy \input dawkins \relax\stopmyohmy}
> \dorecurse{3}{\input knuth \par}
>
> \stoptext

AHA!

I fiddled a bit to correct justification, and to get rid of the frame. Forced
hyphenation could have corrected things without so much tolerance.
\setupcolors[state=start]
\tolerance=1000
\frenchspacing
\starttext
\framed[corner=round,background=color,backgroundcolor=red]{HELLO}

\framed[corner=round,background=screen,backgroundscreen=.6]{HELLO}

\setupfloat
   [intermezzo]
   [leftmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
    rightmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
    default=outer,high]

\setupcaption[intermezzo][location=none]

\defineframedtext
   [myohmy]
   [width=7cm,bodyfont=small,
frame=off,
backgroundcorner=round,
backgroundradius=16pt,background=screen,backgroundscreen=.7]

%\showframe
\input ward
\placeintermezzo{}{\startmyohmy \frenchspacing\tolerance=7000\input dawkins
\relax\stopmyohmy}
\dorecurse{3}{\input knuth \par}

\stoptext

The only defect I can spot, and this is really a nit-pick, are the short lines
in the main body text just above and just below the intermezzo/sidebar.

This is really very valuable.

A low bow in the direction of my mentors, Hans and Adam.
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: