Adam Lindsay wrote:
ishamid said this at Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:30:48 -0700:

! Undefined control sequence.
\pardir #1#2#3->\global \TeXXeTstate
\plusone \if #2L\chardef \inlinedirecti...
l.1 \pardir TLT

Oops, I think I recognize this.
This came about when Hans and I were trying to introduce some very basic
imitations of Omega's bidi support, prompted by XeTeX's Unicode
capabilities. Unfortunately, it rests on an eTeX check--not a problem
with Omega, but with Aleph, it means we clobber the \pardir primitives!
Oops, indeed.

Sounds like supp-dir needs a no-Omega check, as well. Hans?

attached for testing, i dunny what the pardir equivalents are for \beginL and \beginR -)