On Saturday 07 May 2005 06:01 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I tried to install a new version of context, since somebody suggest to
> do it (BTW I do not know how know what version of context I have
> ... running texexec --version gives me the version of texexec, I
> presume, not the version of context ... but anyway ... that not my
> sole problem, as for now).
>
> So I used to have a version of context install by default :-) on my
> mandrake 10.1 distribution of linux ...

The upgrading of Context or even of pdftex is sufficiently
failure prone that I have given up trying. Instead I used the
latest packages from Slackware current and installed those.
When TeX live is updated again next winter I will upgrade to that
level. The instructions never seem to deal with the exact
configuration one is dealing with. Frankly I would rather spend
my time typesetting and laying out books. So I accept the newest
complete package that seems to work and reinstall. In theory I
could upgrade, in fact I am better off waiting for the next
complete distro from either TeXlive or Slack.

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found
in the excellent books listed in the word-famous shortlist!