Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
Hi John,

Isn't [thanh] obsolete? See hand-def.tex for details: I think you want [normal], which hangs puntuation ([pure]), the Latin alphabet ([alpha]), and the rest of ascii characters ([extended]). Then you get full hanging. I tested palatino and the following works here:

Hmmm, I was playing with this, for Palatino it is OK, but not for the Computer Modern (see the code bellow). I do not know where is the problem; I solved it for myself manually (if you are interesting see storm manual).

vit

-----
\setuplayout[width=6cm]
\showframe

\setupfonthandling [hz][min=80,max=80,step=10] % to see change!
\setupfonthandling [normal][left=1,right=1]
\setupfontsynonym [Serif][handling=normal]
%\usetypescript  [fourier][\defaultencoding]
%\setupbodyfont  [fourier,10pt]
\usetypescript  [modern][ec]
\setupbodyfont  [modern,10pt]
\setupalign     [hanging,hz]

\starttext
\input knuth

\vbox to6cm{\input knuth }
\stoptext

======================================================= \setupoutput[pdftex]%

\usetypescriptfile[type-enc]
\usetypescript [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [normal]
\usetypescript [adobekb] [8r]
\usetypescript [palatino][8r]
\setupalign    [hanging] % NOTE no second argument
\setupbodyfont [palatino,12pt]

\showframe
\starttext

   \dorecurse{40}{lots of hy\-phen\-a\-tion\hyphen\ }
   \blank
   \dorecurse{40}{testing, test; }

\stoptext =======================================================

Best
Idris

<ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====

Is the  the following kosher?

\usetypescript [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [thanh]
\usetypescriptfile[type-enc]
\usetypescript [adobekb] [8r]
\usetypescript [palatino][8r]
\setupalign[hanging][thanh]