Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Hello,

If I use the latin2 encoding (il2), \WORD works OK if I simply type accented characters. Under UTF-8, uppercasing \zcaron also works OK, but fails if I simply type 'ΕΎ'. I saw the \definemapping[il2] and I can write a mapping for windows-1250 regime as well, but how exactly is this done for unicode, where the character codes exceed 255?

Could perhaps alternatively \WORD, \defineactivetoken or any other part of code be extended, so that \WORD would be happy with the typed accented characters as well? \Zcaron is already defined somewhere to be the uppercased \zcaron, so defining the same for every single regime/encoding manually seems redundant and error-prone.

i'm a bit puzzled,
as long a something expands to a byte code it should work

do you have a zipped example? Hans