Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

texexec --make

generates both pdfetex and aleph formats? Right now I still have to compile the aleph format separately.

in newtexexec it's possible to do that as well as add teh engine in the banner of the tex file so that the right format is taken

(i have to document that)

2. Also:

Although the tex engine per se is no longer needed, we still need to be able to e.g.,

aleph --ini *plain \dump

right now some files (like manfnt) are missing from the distribution. It's very important to be able to compile aleph in plain fmt for testing purposes (it's how i found at least a couple of context-aleph bugs, for ex.).
hm, just make me a list of files then i'll look into it when i'm back from the tug conference (china) Hans