jjgod wrote:
So I suggest the maintainer of context avoid using
the -p option, it seems

||afm2tfm \"$file\" texfont.tfm|

does the same job in this piece of code.

But then: how do you specify the encoding of the mapfile/psfont? -p is
a pretty important switch when using non-ascii encoings.

So what output infomation will afm2tfm generate when -p option is on? In my copy of texfont.pl, it only use -p option once, unlink the tfm
file, collect output into $cleanfont variable. So if I use non-ascii
encoding (8r? texnansi?), $cleanfont will be set to what?

If I understand this correctly, afm2tfm uses the -p encoding as the
intrinsic encoding of the pfb file. That is an important bit of
information in "collecting information" phase of afm2tfm.

The entire "don't use this switch because it crashes the program
under miktex" argument is a bit bizarre from my viewpoint.

Surely if the miktex version of afm2tfm crashes when you feed it a
valid  command line, than that indicates a bug in afm2tfm, not in
texfont. So I suggest sending a bug report to the person(s)
maintaining afm2tfm and/or miktex.

Taco