On 12/6/2021 9:49 PM, Jan-Erik Hägglöf via ntg-context wrote:
Ok, so if I understand this correctly, you recommend install directly from ctan.

The question is, I’m not sure how, but is it the tds arcive?

i'm not sure how that gets updated but as tikz is a constantly moving i just got it from ctan (for testing, i don't depend on it so it's not critital what i install)

If I test it under mkiv do I need a separate install?

no, the lmtx installer also installs mkiv but you can try the garden mkiv installation and then just replace tikz and circuitikz in the modules section with the latest from ctan

The wiki seems to indicate that the mkiv version is included in the LMTX
installation, if so it doesn’t work but I give it a second try.

indeed, but you need to make

tex/texmf-modules/tex

and then unzip the (circuit)tikz zips from ctan there and run "mtxrun --generate" afterwards