On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 12:44:31 +0100
Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> because these are not errors in the sense of 'quit' ... for instance
> missing references can be resolved in a second run

Ok, but that's what the context runner is for, not? It's smart and
knows when it's hitting the last run and if there are still
unresolved issues, it could then report the correct return value to
the environment. The runner is responsible for the final return
value, not the individual context run AFAIK.

> you need to be explicit:
>
> \enabledirectives [logs.errors={missing references,missing
> characters}]

Ok, that works, great news. So if I understand you correctly,
there's no command to enable them *all* at once? Frankly, I'd expect
\enabledirectives [logs.errors] to enable them all (including the
correct return value), but apparently it only enables the reporting
and doesn't affect the return value.

That begs the question: Which error directives are available (so I
can manually enable them)?

Side note: A missing font is not an error:

  \enabledirectives [logs.errors]
  \definefontfamily [foo] [serif] [no font here really]
  \setupbodyfont [foo]
  \starttext foo \stoptext

But I guess that's just not supported.

Marco