Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your explanation and the example you sent about
\definemathsimplealign (I didn’t get immediately that « sesac » in the command
\startmathfenced[sesac] means « cases » in reverse or mirrored… I guess this is
a wise and humourous choice by Hans :-) ).

Regarding \startcases, it seems that it is still not possible to number each
equation, but I may be overlooking something. I’ll try a few examples and will
let you know, as well as Hans.

Best regards: Otared