Am 06.01.22 um 19:41 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
there was a time when publishers did typesetting and printing themselves in which case they might have some interest in tools but afaik that time is long gone (and i admit that i never met a publisher where investing in know how and technology was part of the corporate identity (there were some but by the time context showed up most large publishers started outsourcing to far-far-away and those interested in technologies left), at least not one that invest beyond a specific product and even then falling back on tools like tex is a last resort ...

I know one company in Leipzig that works for big publishers (www.le-tex.de). I talked to them a few years ago at a book fair and applied twice for their job offers (but they want people to work at their office).

For scientific publications they’re using a XML-to-LaTeX workflow, otherwise Word-based (->XML->LaTeX or ->InDesign). Of course they accept all kind of data; it looks like they’re really good in automated workflows.

But I guess there are strong competitors in the far east...

Hraban