On 12/21/21 10:50 AM, hanneder--- via ntg-context wrote:

> Details:
> I was able to find the article "Ediciones críticas con ConTeXt" (is
> this in use?)

Hi Jürgen,

if you mean http://www.ediciones-criticas.tk/pdf/criticas-context.pdf,
this is outdated. I hope to update it in a not so distant future...  😅.

> I also found out that for simple editions context already works. For
> critical editions in my field we need both footnote references based
> on linenumbers (for prose), but also references to verse number,
> which can be entered manually.
As far as I can remember linenotes are footnotes with references to line
numbers.

I don’t think it makes a difference if the line number is set
automatically by ConTeXt or the user specifies a given value.

> So far, so good. Any hints to a more sophisticated solution are highly
> welcome. (I am a simple TeX user)

I’m only a ConTeXt newbie (who has been using it for about a decade 😅).

There might be other solutions, but I’m afraid I don’t know which is
exactly the problem you are facing.

Sorry, but the text structure isn’t clear to me (this is independent
from the fact that I don’t understand a word from the language you may
be using).

BTW, I could only make your sample work in the following form:

    \starttext
    \setupnotation[linenote]
    [alternative=serried,width=broad,distance=.5em,display=no]
    \setupnote[linenote][way=bypage,paragraph=yes,rule=off]

    \definenote [variant]
    \setupnotation[variant][number=no]
    \setupnote[variant][way=bypage,paragraph=yes,rule=off]

    \definelines[slokaed][][indenting={yes, small, even},
        before={\startnarrower\startlinenumbering},
        after={\stoplinenumbering\stopnarrower}]

    \definelines[slokaedplain][][indenting={yes, small, even},
        before=\startnarrower, after=\stopnarrower]

    \startslokaed
    mano buddhir ahaṃ prāṇās tanmātrendriyajīvanam yaṃ
    dṛṣṭvā\linenote{dṛṣṭvā ] dṛṣṭva G\lohi{pc}{1}} vinivartante tam
    \linenote{tam ] tat} upāsyam upāsmahe
    \stopslokaed

    \startslokaedplain
    mano buddhir ahaṃ prāṇās tanmātrendriyajīvanam
    yaṃ dṛṣṭvā\variant{2c dṛṣṭvā ] dṛṣṭva} vinivartante tam \variant{2d
    tam ] tat} upāsyam upāsmahe (2)
    \stopslokaedplain
    \stoptext

Just in case it might help,