This week I updated ConTeXt minimals. Before then, I used the following
code so that footnotes to Arabic passages would have parenthesis around
them and use the digits used in Arabic texts in the Middle East (e.g.
٠١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩).

\setupnote [arfootnote] [
  headstyle={\switchtobodyfont[kitab]},
  textcommand=\footnotenotenumbercommand,
  alternative=text,
  ]
\define[1]\footnotenotenumbercommand{{\high{(\convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{#1})}}}

Since the update, for the 123rd footnote, I now get `(123arabic)` instead
of `(١٢٣)`.

Elsewhere, I do get the expected output (i.e. `١٢٣٢`) when calling
\convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{1232}

I'm still relatively new to ConTeXt, so I'm unsure if what used really is
correct, or if it was wrong and I now need to find the right way to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

—Musa