I have a 5-page table placed using

\setupcaption [table] [way=bytext,prefixsegments=none]
\placetable[split]{My long table}{...}

The caption for the first table page is "Table 1a  My Long table"; for the
second table page it is "Table 1b  My long table" and so on. I'd like to change
these to be "Table 1  My Long table" then "Table 1 (cont'd) My long table" for
the remaining pages.

I've tried \setupcaption[table][suffix={(cont'd)] but that affects all the
pages. How can I set it for the second and subsequent pages only, please?

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK