Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context schrieb am 13.08.2022 um 10:35:
On 3 Aug 2022, at 00:26, Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
wrote:

I have a 5-page table placed using

\setupcaption [table] [way=bytext,prefixsegments=none]
\placetable[split]{My long table}{...}

The caption for the first table page is "Table 1a  My Long table"; for the second table page it is
"Table 1b  My long table" and so on. I'd like to change these to be "Table 1  My Long table" then
"Table 1 (cont'd) My long table" for the remaining pages.

I've tried \setupcaption[table][suffix={(cont'd)] but that affects all the
pages. How can I set it for the second and subsequent pages only, please?
The solution turned out to be really simple (for small tables at least - less
fun if you have hundreds of pages!). Just use:

\defineconversion[Contd][~,{ (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{
(cont’d)},
                                                   { (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{
(cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},
                                                   { (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{
(cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},
                                                   { (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{
(cont’d)},{ (cont’d)},{ (cont’d)} ]
\setupfloatsplitting[conversion=Contd]

This results in "Table 1 My Long table", "Table 1 (cont’d) My Long table" and
so on.

There is already a conversion for this numbering style.

\setuplabeltext [en] [continued={ (cont’d)}]

\setupfloatsplitting [conversion=continued]

Wolfgang