The problem is that I read that ConTeXt Mark IV will be phased out in favor of
ConTeXt LMTX.

If TexLive ConTeXt is outdated, I will want to use ConTeXt LMTX.

I want ConTeXt installed as a linux distribution package.

I think LMTX should accommodate linux distributions as well as portable
installation.