On 8/19/2022 2:51 PM, amano.kenji wrote:
You don't have to install anything.

What I'm asking is documentation of offline installation instructions. Offline
installation means downloading all required archives in advance and then
installing them without internet access.

Translation of what install.sh roughly does into a documentation that any OS
package maintainer can read and adapt to one's operating system.

What would you tell a system admin to do if instructions contained in
install.sh have to be done manually by hand?

For example, you can add a plain text file called INSTALL that has a list of
commands that build or install ConTeXt into any directory structure. If you
provide instructions for installing ConTeXt into an arbitrary directory
structure and how to adjust contextcnf.lua to the new directory structure,
package maintainers can adapt.
The problem is that there are two methods:

(1) install texlive and unzip the latest context zip if you want the latest greatest

(2) for lmtx get the right zips (main one + platform one) and just unzip

However, we have currently no list of the platform ones (they can of course be guessed) simply because we assume the installer; the main reason for that is that the minimals also just rsynced files depending on platform (that each were somewhat different)

It is till undecided if we will post zips with bins or let users compile if they install on their own ... it also depends on how we set up the garden for lmtx ... keep in mind that lmtx is still experimental although it is now moving slower.

So, in due time I guess there will be some install.rme file but then we also need to have pointers to the platform bins (in tree format).

Of course you're free to write an installation guide as starting point.