On 8/15/2023 4:35 PM, Hamid,Idris wrote:

But for sure ConTeXt used to load lmroman12-regular (or the computer-modern 12
pt) by default. So things have changed..

afaik mkiv always had modern as default an dnot the designsize typescript (after all, we only have math 10pt)

well you can load the design size typescript

Ok, where is that design size typescript? A search for, e.g., lmroman8-regular
etc. in

texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv

yields no results, so it must be defined at some higher level of abstraction..

well, in type-imp-latinmodern.mkiv i can find 'designsize' ... you're not relying on some gpt driven search machine are you?

(likely we will go for \enableexperiments[fonts.compact] anyway which is
also more efficient)

Ok, that would be very helpful; many thanks.
it might process your arabic a bit faster