Thanks a lot everybody !

Thank you all for the clarifying information! The problem has been solved using the command recommended by Pablo. All my attempts to clear the Windows font cache have failed, except for this one:

 mtxrun --script cache --erase && mtxrun --generate

I started by copying the fonts into the \texmf-fontes\data\ directory, then I emptied the cache. Then, the following command:

 mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern=didot --all

works and correctly returns otf and ttf theano and gfs fonts.

And thanks to Andres : your MWE compiles perfectly !

Now, I must confess that I don't know why installing new fonts in c:\windows\fonts, even after laboriously purging the Windows font cache and reloading the CTX font cache, didn't have the expected effects ...