On 9/24/23 10:04, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:
> […]
>  mtxrun --script cache --erase && mtxrun --generate
> […]
> Now, I must confess that I don't know why installing new fonts in
> c:\windows\fonts, even after laboriously purging the Windows font cache
> and reloading the CTX font cache, didn't have the expected effects ...

I had the same problem on Linux, Jean-Pierre.

Before having the script to remove the cache as an option (at least, to
me), I manually deleted the contents of context/tex/temxf-cache/.

Rebuilding font cache hasn’t worked for me (most of the times), so I
came to the conclusion that generating the cache from the start worked
better for me.

The fonts installed in %WINDIR%\Fonts\ are fine. ConTeXt had a problem
adding the paths of these new fonts to its font database.

Just in case it might be clearer now,

Pablo