On Sun, 15 Oct 2023, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Csikos Bela schrieb am 15.10.2023 um 15:51:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I would like to make a long numbered itemize list, where the numbers
> > increase up to three digits.
> > I would like the numbered labels aligned to the right and the widest
> > label's left side located at the left margin.
> > I tried the below code but the 3 digit labels' left sides go into the left
> > margin. How can I fix it?
> >
> > Code:
> >
> > \showframe
> > \starttext
> > \startitemize[n,broad][itemalign=flushright]
> > \dorecurse{250}{\item aaaa}
> > \stopitemize
> > \stoptext
>
> You can use the width-key to set a value for the number, below is a example
> for method
> to calculate the width based on the number of items but I would use fixed
> value
> (e.g. width=2em) to let all items (independent of the entries) start on the
> same position.

I normally use the `fit` key with an appropriate value of `distance`. For
example:

\showframe[text][text]

\starttext

\startitemize[n,fit,broad][distance=0.25em,itemalign=flushright]
\dorecurse{1}{\startitem xxx\stopitem}
\stopitemize

\page

\startitemize[n,fit,broad][distance=0.25em,itemalign=flushright]
\dorecurse{11}{\startitem xxx\stopitem}
\stopitemize

\page

\startitemize[n,fit,broad][distance=0.25em,itemalign=flushright]
\dorecurse{111}{\startitem xxx\stopitem}
\stopitemize

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /