Hi,

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 8:01 AM Dean Hung <deanyh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Following on from Aditya's solution to my previous question, I have run into
> a separate issue and would appreciate any assistance.
>
> Sometimes text under the underbrace can become quite long, and should be
> split into two (or more) lines.  In the example below, "firstline" should be
> the top line of the underbrace label, and "secondline" should be on the lower
> line of the underbrace label, but as it stands, both are printed on the same
> line.
>
> \underbrace[mindepth=0.5cm]{\tf x+y+z}_{\vrule width 0pt height
> 0.5cm\relax\text{firstline secondline}}
>
> I have tried using \\ and \crlf, but to no avail.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Dean

Hi,

Hans will add some annotation mechanism (already on my computer to
test a bit). In your case you can use the first example here:

\startbuffer
\unframed
[align=middle,toffset=0.5cm]
{firstline\crlf secondline}
\stopbuffer

$
\underbrace
[mindepth=0.5cm]
{\tf x + y + z}
_
{\mtext{\getbuffer}}

\quad

\mathannotation
[bottom={\getbuffer}]
{\underbrace
[mindepth=0.5cm]
{\tf x + y + z}
}
$

Since I am the curious type, I wonder a bit what is the use case here?
Do you mind explaining and providing the complete example? (The reason
I ask is that there might be better ways to do what you are doing.)

/Mikael

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /