Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your reply -- I was able to get great results after using the
\startbuffer ... \stopbuffer approach.

I'm still a bit of a beginner with ConText so I wasn't clear on what the
meaning of the $ symbols in your reply?

The reason I have been using the underbraces is for explaining how
botanical naming conventions work.
In certain fields of botany/horticulture, plant types follow certain rules
for naming.  Here is a fictitious name
as an example:

Loremphylla mikaelii forma alba 'Aditya'

Genus = Loremphylla
Species = mikaelii
botanical form = forma
Cultivar Epithet = 'Aditya'

The problem I was running into was the labels might have more words than
can be contained within the space allotted
on one line (i.e., Cultivar Epithet would not fit in the space on the same
line, and hence my question on how to force a \crlf
between those two words).

Best,

Dean

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /