Jim schrieb am 15.01.2024 um 01:42:
I have

\setupwhitespace [big]

so that I get "a blank line" between paragraphs.

I would like to *not* have "blank lines" before and after my items.  For
example, if there is more "paragraph text" after the last item I would like
to see this structure:

Some text preceding the list of items:
a. Item one.
b. Second item.
This sentence is part of the same paragraph.

The next paragraph starts here...

and if there is no "paragraph text" after the last item, I'd like to see
this structure:

Some text preceding the list of items:
a. Item one.
b. Second item.

The next paragraph starts here...

Try as I might, I can't find the right options to give to \startitemize.

The closest I have found is to start with
\startitemize[a,nowhite]
but that prevents the "blank line" even in the second case above, which is
not what I want.  Further, 'packed' and 'joinedup' seem to behave
identically here, both leaving "a blank line" before the first item and
after the last item.

Clearly, I can force a blank line before the following paragraph with a
\vskip<the right amount>, but that seems like a crude way to do it.

Can someone either enlighten me on either
(a) the Right ConTeXt Way to do this, or
(b) a document that would tell me this, if I knew to read it?

I've looked in the wiki, the not-so-short intro to ConTeXt, and "ConTeXt:
an excursion" with no luck.

Hi Jim,

such a feature exists only to suppress paragraph indentation but not to ignore whitespace
between paragraphs.

\setupitemize[indentnext=auto]

\setupindenting[yes,medium]

\starttext

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis, semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. Pellentesque habitant morbi \unknown

\startitemize
\startitem Lorem ipsum \unknown \stopitem
\stopitemize

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis, semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. Pellentesque habitant morbi \unknown

\startitemize
\startitem Lorem ipsum \unknown \stopitem
\stopitemize
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis, semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. Pellentesque habitant morbi \unknown

\stoptext

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /