Am 15.01.24 um 17:15 schrieb Jim:
"after" does the trick, but not in an automatic way.  I would like
something which automagically "does the right thing".

With “automagically”, do you mean for all instances?

\setupitemgroup[itemize][nowhite,after]

Sorry, then you need "nowhite". Usually that’s synonymous to
"packed,joineup", but apparently not if whitespace is active.

"Usually" is in the eye of the beholder.  ;-)

I would have thought that having non-zero whitespace between paragraphs is
common.  For example, Aditya's blog linked to above has whitespace between
paragraphs.  Are you suggesting that is uncommon, or (showing my
Context-noobness) is \setupwhitespace not the usual ConTeXt way to do this?

Yes, it’s common, and \setupwhitespace is right.

I just don’t remember all the setups in my many environments all the time.

I added a few comments to
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupitemgroup
Unfortunately, this is one of the areas where we have a plethora of options
and no documentation about them.

Thanks for adding them.  I see you did not document the all-important (to
me) "after" (or "before") in the wiki.  Would you like to add that?  If
you don't have time right now, I'd be happy to do so.

It’s there now.
I’m not sure about the options regarding width

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /