On 1/19/2024 9:31 AM, Shiv Shankar Dayal wrote:
I see code like

# define luametatex_version          210
# define luametatex_revision         10
# define luametatex_release          10
# define luametatex_version_string   "2.10.10"

starting with C99 these become unnecessary. Rather they should be like const int luametatex_version=210; const char* luametatex_version_string="2.10.10";

These ensure type-safety in the code and are good coding practice.
Good coding practice discussions are wasted on me (you don't want me to look at your tex code -)

The versioning is abit special in te xdue to the fact thet some numbers en dup in registers and others as token list (string). I have considered changing that but it would also break some 'testing for tex version' so for now we have to accept this mix of tex/etex/pdftex inheritance.

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /